Saturday, February 6, 2010

The MC - Day 1

NOTE: Any of my MC (Master Cleanse) posts are completely TMI !!! Proceed with caution.

I definitely mentally & physically prepared: read 3 books on this cleanse, have been drinking Bio-K for the past month (thanks Nadia!), have been eating simpler & smaller meals in the past week, and cut down on my alcohol consumption.

My first ever cleanse!

Woke up at 7:30am, I feel like I'm getting a bad cold, sore throat. Bad timing! Had a long b.m. from the laxative tea I drank last night. Like, really long. Tried to get Maxine to school quickly. Drank the 'internal salt bath' (4 cups spring water, 2 tsps of sea salt) in 15 minutes - - not so bad. C'mon, I LOVE salt! It was a quick response, within 20 minutes, I was in the w/c for about 15 minutes, mostly liquid. I was getting hungry, so ran downstairs to make my lemonade drink (2 tbsps of freshly squeezed organic lemon juice, 1 tbsp of Grade 2 Amber maple syrup, and 1/10 tsp of cayenne in 8oz of spring water), I wasn't finished when I had to RUN back upstairs to w/c for another 10 or so minutes. Ran back downstairs to gulp down the lemonade, since there is a 10-minute rule. What surprised me most? HOT HOT HOT!!! Man, that cayenne burns! You're supposed to drink a minimum of 6 of these drinks during the day. After my third, at some point in the day, my eyeballs felt steamy from the cayenne. Sheesh! I felt pretty jittery all morning, I was quite tired and had a nap, but got around to some organizing in my study. Started reading "The Secret", which is great and made me feel even greater! It's definitely helping with the cleanse. AND my cold did not manifest itself, it is GONE! (probably scared away by the cayenne, ha!) Also watched a movie, drank more lemonade, watched a bit of TV, and didn't have my 6th lemonade until it was past 7pm! I figured I'd be drinking a dozen of those since you're supposed to drink one whenever you feel hungry.
Did some ab work (crunches) and I felt fine! Drank my special (laxative) tea before bedtime.

Note to anyone attempting this: ensure your kitchen is cleaned up before you start your cleanse. I was frustrated with lack of counter space and left over food. D-uh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment